March 20-23, 2016 International Disaster Psychosocial (DPS) Conference at The Westin Bayshore Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Provincial Health Services Authority, Disaster Psychosocial Program is presenting their inaugural conference on disaster psychosocial considerations. The conference will provide a forum for presentations and discussion including:
- Exchanging knowledge of informed psychosocial practise in disaster response and recovery
- Training and education to experienced psychosocial responders
- Managing Disaster Psychosocial planning, training, capacity building, response and recovery, evaluation and monitoring
- Integrating psychosocial support in overall emergency management
- Maximizing opportunities for partnerships, networking and information sharing with a cross section of agencies; government, non-governmenta
Some DEEP volunteers plan to attend the conference. Please let us know if you plan to participate so we can collaborate.